Happy National Margarita Day!
Today is Fat Tuesday, and I hope you’re not planning on giving up tequila for Lent, because tomorrow – February 22nd - is National Margarita Day. In order to help you celebrate, we’re sharing a great recipe for you from behind the bar of Brooklyn’s Mesa Coyoacan, created by mixologist Gerardo Zave. And if you’re in Brooklyn tomorrow, head over to Mesa Coyoacan and thank Jorge personally by buying a couple more margaritas.
- In a glass full of ice cubes, pour 1.5 oz of Tequila (try a Tequila made 100% from Agave)
- Add fresh squeezed lime juice (1 oz)
- Add a splash of fresh O.J.
- Add a splash of orange liquor
- Add one table spoon of tamarind pulp.
- Shake vigorously
For the rim: on a small plate mix some salt and chile piquin. Drink passionately!